Tuesday 17 August 2010

written by the sleepless

Its twelve minutes past midnight and I'm wide awake. On a friday or saturday night it would be perfect for me to be this wake. But its tuesday, I'm on a family holiday and for everyone else in the household the night has clearly ended. Just like everyone else I venture to bed, get under the sheet and lay there. I close my eyes but they seem insistent on keeping wide open, my back all of sudden seems extremely uncomfortable and for some strange reason the dark room just isn't dark enough. It's a nightmare to say the least.

Loads of people have sleep issues. Therapists are hired, insomnia occurs and stress always plays a vital role but why is it that at the time when I am most relaxed I find it the most difficult to sleep? My dreams seem busy and corrupt, its almost as if I feel tired from sleeping. And yes you can google these symptoms for various sleep issues but to be honest i lay it down to my subconscious. My subconscious has ulterior motives.

It's now thirty eight minutes past one and I'd like to say i was feeling a little more sleepy but i don't. I've only managed to complete three quarters of a blog post, a phone conversation and experienced a very tired someone stumble through the hallway. Maybe I'm simply just to tired to conclude. I want to be able to say something really philosophical and deep about dreams and being away from your everyday life for at least 6 hours every night, but i got nothing. So maybe its just about venturing to sleep, snuggling under that sheet, laying completely comfortable and thinking about absolutely nothing. I hope so anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment